Plug-in adaptor for Mercedes PUCH W210, W202 and G-wagen
This adaptor allows the EDC ECU to be wired into a W210, W202, G-wagen or Sprinter that comes standard equipped with an OM605, OM606 or OM602.98x engine without requiring modification to the car's wiring harness, plugging into the 55 pin connector used by the standard ECU.
Includes 25cm long harness between the adaptor and the DSL1 unit.
The DSL1's programmable outputs are wired as following:
- OEM pin 14, tachometer on older non-CAN based W202 models, unused on others.
- OEM pin 11, unused on most cars, intake manifold valve on some naturally aspirated models.
- OEM pin 52, unused on most cars, intake manifold valve on some naturally aspirated models.
- OEM pin 49, unused on most cars, transmission pressure modulator valve on early cars with 722.3/722.4 transmission
- OEM pin 53, wastegate control solenoid
- OEM pin 34, unused on most cars, transmission kick down solenoid on early cars with 722.3/722.4 transmission
- OEM pin 43 via P-MOSFET, shut off solenoid control (output must be on to open shut off solenoid)
- OEM pin 17, starter relay control on cars equipped with electronic ignition switch.
The DSL1's spare inputs are wired as following:
- Analog in 4: OEM pin 21, MAF sensor signal (typically unused as the DSL1 does not rely on the MAF sensor)
- Analog in 5: Cruise control switches multiplexed inputs from OEM pins 8, 27, 31, 38, 42 and 44
- Analog in 6: OEM pin 40, Inlet air temperature signal (typically unused as the DSL1 does not require this sensor)
- Digital in 1: OEM pin 1, needle lift sensor on OM602.98x cars with VP37 injection pump.
- Wheel speed input: OEM pin 25, used for wheel speed in early cars that do not have the wheel speed on the CAN network, unused in others.
Can be used with older 2-plug DSL1 units (serial numbers less than 200) as well but requires a slightly modified harness between the DSL1 and the adaptor to compensate for the missing third connector. Specify at order time if you have an older unit and a modified patch harness will be supplied. The modified harness has the following crossed connections:
- DSL1 output 1 goes to glow output on adaptor (6p pin 4)
- DSL1 output 2 goes to shut off output on adaptor (6p pin 5)
- DSL1 output 3 goes to start relay output on adaptor (6p pin 6), only necessary on cars with EIS
- DSL1 output 4 goes to turbocharger control solenoid output (6p pin 2)